Monday, February 14, 2011

Pretty and Prosperous Profile: Katie Hire

What do you do?
I am a financial representative at Savage and Associates.

What steps did you take to get where you are today?
I completed my internship with Savage and Associates my junior year at Ohio University and during my internship I shadowed several agents to learn how each agent built his practice. After graduating in 2006, I decided to accept the position they offered to me and it was then that I became licensed in Life, Health and Securities. When I started this position I began cold calling small to medium size businesses in the Toledo area. After working with and getting to know several business owners I began working with them on a personal basis assisting them in their personal life insurance and personal retirement planning. Today I have and still am working on building my practice and enjoy every minute of it!

What was the defining moment when you knew if you didn’t change you would never reach your goal?
My goal was and always is production. I had and have several goals. An example in my business is making the million dollar round table which I was fortunate enough to qualify for in 2008! In 2008 I also received the new agent of the year award which was also very important to me.

Did you always know you would get here?
Yes! When I really want something I always find a way to make it happen.

Did you have a plan?
My entire practice is built on planning; planning other people’s financial futures. Plans are the steps we need to reach our goals.

What kind of distractions did you have to deal with or overcome?
In 2008, my second year in the business I had set several goals for myself. I knew I had to dedicate all my time to my work to make these goals possible. On February 2, 2008 my amazing Husband proposed to me. SURPRISE! It was a wonderful distraction and as much as I was nervous to add planning a wedding to my list, it became the most positive influence in my business. I knew with a Wedding in August 2008 I had to work that much harder in the months prior to make my goals. When I did it, it was that much more rewarding! 2008 was a fabulous year!

How much of an impact did others play in your decision making during your building process?
I truly believe you can only be so focused. Others such as family and friends play huge roles in supporting you in your building process. Having a husband who was finishing school as I was still in early stages of growing my commission only business added more pressure but good pressure the kind where there was no option not to succeed!
Were there times when you wanted to give up?
Ha! Every other day. In my business you ride something called a roller coaster. You get so busy and it’s so exciting that once you complete all of those cases you start over. They key is once you get busy to continue to keep looking for that next case. That is a very tough task to master and I am still working on that even today.

What made you keep pushing towards your goal?
It’s what I wanted. I love working for myself and having my own business. There are times it’s just so rewarding and as I look at my book of business that I have created I stand proud looking back at where I started!

What advice can you give other women who are striving for their own goals?
You can never set a goal to high!

How do you feel about where you are today?
I am so happy where I am, but never satisfied and in this case that’s a great thing! I keep wanting more and setting higher goals. I love what I do and have passion for what I do. To succeed in life you have to love what you do!


For more information on Katie Hire and Savage and Associates:

Office: 419-475-8665
Direct: 419-725-7392

1 comment:

  1. Katie inspires me everyday! What a wonderful interview and person!

    ReplyDelete